Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Letter from home

Dear Minute,

I'm glad you're having fun in Florida, but things aren't too bad here at The Compound. TJL takes good care of us. Lazlo the cat hisses at me, but at night, I get to stay snuggled safely in my crate so he can't get to me.

I ran out of insulin! I thought that meant NO MORE SHOTS. But Mom expected that and prepared for it. TJL got more tonight. But that's the only bad news from here.

Here's Greta being comfy on her blanket.



And here's me, a little disappointed to find only water in our friend Rex's dish.



Then again, Rex eats some weird stuff. Sardines?!?! Turkey necks?!?! Kidneys?!?! I prefer my special diet.

Later, Rex and I got in some playtime outside.



He's being a mighty good host. Greta strolled around the grounds, too. Last week, Rex flushed and killed a possum. Greta's been looking, but she hasn't found one yet. (I don't know what she thinks she could do about it. She's 487 years old.)



Take care of Mom, and don't forget your sunscreen!

Love,

Your big brother, Sparky



P.S. Even Margot and Guinness have been nice to us. Did you know that Aunt B. is working hard on a book that has a DOG NAMED SUE in it? And she looks like our Sue? Even though Greta and I could help her out by telling lots of Sue stories, we won't, because we're on vacation, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo, how was Minute's trip??? Hope y'all had fun and I'm glad y'all are back!! Missed you!